What is an "adjustment"?
A chiropractic adjustment is the manipulation of the spine with the aim of improving the body’s functions and structural performance. It is performed by a Doctor of Chiropractic who uses their hands or a small instrument to apply controlled pressure on certain points of the spine.
What are the benefits of chiropractic adjustments?
• Assists with neck and back pain.
• Assists with balance the action of bones, nerves, muscles, and joints so that they work optimally and in tandem.
• Improvement of the body’s physiological functions.
• Improve posture.
• Helps reduce nerve compression including sciatica and lumbago (a type of lower back pain)
• Can be used to prevent chronic pain
• Treats common types of headaches including tension and migraines.
• Has been used to prevent the need for back surgery.
• Patients with chronic conditions like multiple sclerosis, osteoarthritis, and fibromyalgia get relief.
• Other joint conditions that benefit from chiropractic adjustments include bursitis, arthritis generally, nagging old injuries, frozen shoulder, and wrist joint problems.
• Improves symptoms of stress and anxiety disorders.
Other benefits that result in overall well-being include:
• Reduced inflammation.
• Improved immunity status.
• Helps in the body’s control of harmful free radicals.
What is the ‘popping’ sound in the chiropractic adjustment?
When you stretch the joint capsule, gas is rapidly released and results in the 'pop' sound you hear. Please keep in mind, you do not have to hear the pop sound every time. It is also normal to feel a movement without the sound present.
Save yourself the hassle of paperwork in the office. Just click the link below to fill out your new patient paperwork online.